Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Pluto Server Plug-in 1st beta of 1.0.0 released

This past weekend I created a 1.0.0.b1 release of the Eclipse Pluto Server Plug-in. Biggest change is that I got rid of the hack I had in there using Maven to download the Pluto ant task and dependencies needed to publish a portlet to Pluto. I now bundle the ant task jar and its dependencies with the plug-in (a topic for a future post). Having Maven do the download was something that would work most times but had problems. For example, some users have not been able to get the plug-in to work with a proxy server setup (see issue #3).

It likely won't get picked up as an update in Eclipse; you'll need to go into the Update Manager and install it as a new feature. And don't forget to use http://pluto-server-plugin.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/pluto.server.update as your update site. If you try it out, let me know. I'd like to make the 1.0.0 release soon.

1 comment:

Thomas Derflinger said...

Hello! Thanks for this cool plugin! Have you tried it under Eclipse 3.4? I could not install it with the update manager under 3.4, so I just copied the plugin from my 3.3 installation and that worked!